BI ACADEMY Launch@Germany, 26.11.2014, Stuttgart, Germany
The BI Academy Launch Germany was held at the Stuttgart Media University on Wed, Nov 26th. 2014
09:00 – 10:00 Registration
10:00 – 11:30 Introduction – Teaching BI@Universites – Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter Lehmann, Stuttgart Media University, Germany.
- Peter’s presentation will introduce the BI Academy. We will talk about the BI content, how to use it, how to get trained and how to get support.
11:30 – 12:15 KEY NOTE SPEAKER: Self-Service-Business Intelligence with Microsoft Office365 – PowerBI: Dany Hoter, Senior Program Manager at Microsoft Corporation, Power BI, Microsoft Corp., USA, Israel.
- Dany will present the actual content for Self-Service-Business Intelligence from Microsoft, called PowerBI. His is the Senior Program Manager for PowerBI and we are proud that he will join our event. His presentation will show the development direction from Microsoft towards Self-Service BI which is included into Microsoft Office 2013 and/or Office 365.
12:15 – 13:00 Business Lunch
13:00 – 13:45 Dimensional Fact Modelling – A Methodology for Multi-Dimensional Modelling. Stephano Cazzella, Rome, Italy.
- The Dimensional Fact Model (DFM) is a graphical formalism to support the conceptual modeling phase in a data warehouse project (Golfarelli/Rizzi/Bolognia University). DFM is extremely intuitive and can be used by analysts and non-technical users as well. Stephano Cazzella has developed a tool that fits perfectly to our BIA requirements. He will demo how to develop a data mart from scratch.
13:45 – 14:30: The Business Intelligence Business Game – Prof. Waranya Poonnawat, University of the West of Scotland, UK and Sukothai Thammatirat Open University, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Prof. Waranya Poonnwat is working on a BI Business Game that will allow students to practice Self-Service-Business Intelligence (SSBI). We have developed a serious business game to teach students how to make better decisions with SSBI. Prof. Waranya will show you the game principles.
14:30 – 15:15: Coffee Break
15:15 – 16:00: Business Experience Lab – Prof. Dr. Christian Rathke
- The future for Business Collaboration and Business Intelligence. Our Business Experience Lab allows to demo collaboration and Self Service Business Intelligence with some Hand’s On’s. We provide modern devices and some cool scenarios which are worth to look at. Bring your own device? No problem! We will connect you to us.
16.00 – 16:30: Next Steps / Get together
Participants (Institution – in alphabetic order)
- European Business School, Reutlingen, Germany
- Gedankensprungverlag, Germany
- Ludwigshafen University of Applied Science, Germany
- Metropolia University of Applied Science Helsinki, Finland
- Microsoft Germany
- Microsoft Corp. Israel
- Network7, London, UK
- Reutlingen University of Applied Science, Germany
- Stuttgart Media University, Germany
- Sukothai Thammathirat Open University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Universidad de Almeria, Espania
- University of the West of Scotland, UK
- Zurich University of Applied Science, Switzerland
The International Day at Stuttgart Media University will take place the day after our BIA Launch on Thursday, 27 November 2014. Partner universities all over the world are presenting their study courses and inform the students on the exchange possibilities. For more information see the detailed progamme
Registration and Accommodation
We have pre-booked a limited contingent of single rooms at. Prices per night, including breakfast, are between 50 and 80 Euro per night. The hotels are in walking distance or just a few minutes away with public transport.
Please let us know, if you want us to reserve a hotel room for you. Just add a comment in the registration form.
How To Find Us
Please download the description here
By Car via AutobahnA8/A81
- At the Autobahn junction A8/A81 head towards “Stuttgart”. After the exit “Universität” turn left onto Universitätsstraße, which turns into the Nobelstraße after 2.000 meters. The university is recognized by the blue wall that runs through the building and the new futuristic building with high windows next to it. Opposite the university parking is available.
By Public Transport (from Stuttgart Main Station / Hauptbahnhof)
- At the main station take the underground trains S1, S2 or S3 until “Universität” (about 10 min). Take the staircases to “Wohngebiet Schranne und Endelbang”. If you leave the station in direction of the train, you are right. When you come out to the street, follow the street straight ahead and you will reach our location after a 7 min walk.
By Public Transport (from Stuttgart Airport)
- From Stuttgart Airport take the S2 or S3 towards the “Stadtmitte” (city center) and exit at Universität (about 15 min). Take the staircases to “Wohngebiet Schranne und Endelbang”. You should leave the station against the direction of the train, otherwise you might get lost. When you come out to the street, follow the street straight ahead and you will reach our location after a 7 min walk.
The university campus is very big. If you get lost, just ask one of our nice students for help. They all speak English fluently.
We will send a hotline mobile number to you before our event.